This summer at Max and Slate, we’ve brewed up some patriotic, all-American treats for you! These red, white and blue cocktails will get you in the spirit of 4th of July like nothing else. We guarantee that you’ll take your backyard barbeque to the next level when you pass around these refreshing Berry Sangrias and tongue-tingling Pina Coladas. Read on to learn how to quench your thirst with these 4th of July all-stars.
Red, White and Blue Sangrias
Let’s face it, berry sangrias are an American summer classic. The sweet, satisfying blend of berries and wine perks you up on a warm July day like nothing else. This patriotic twist on a classic sangria recipe will leave you wishing every day was 4th of July! But lucky for you, you’ll be able to enjoy this refreshing treat all year long.
- 1 bottle of sweet white wine
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 bottle of Sprite (Optional)
- Prepare your fruit by washing it thoroughly and chopping the strawberries into thin slices.
- Add your white wine, strawberries, blueberries, and sugar to a large pitcher. Whisk the mixture together until thoroughly blended.
- Chill the pitcher for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve in chilled glasses with ice. For extra crispness, pour over Sprite. Enjoy!
All-American Fireworks Pina Colada
You know what’s cheaper, easier, and tastier than shooting off fireworks in your backyard this 4th of July? Our awesome Fireworks Pina Colada! Pineapple juice, coconut milk, and frozen strawberries blend together into the perfect melody of frosty deliciousness. Best of all, the crushed ice will keep you cool during even the hottest 4th of July festivities.
- 2 shots (3 oz) spiced rum
- 2 shots (3 oz) Blue Curacao
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups ice
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries
- To prepare the white layer, combine your rum, pineapple juice, coconut milk, and ice in a medium-sized blender. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour 2/3 of the mixture into a glass and set aside, saving 1/3 in the blender. Separating the mixture is essential to prepare the colored layers.
- Add strawberries to the mixture in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour the strawberry mixture into two drinking glasses, then top with 1/3 of the Pina Colada mixture from Step 1. Your red and white striped layers should now be complete!
- Pour the remainder of your Pina Colada mixture from Step 1 back into the blender. Add your Blue Curacao and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour the blue mixture into your two drinking glasses. Your blue layer should now be complete!
- For best results, enjoy your all-American treat in a chilled glass with a large straw.
Happy 4th of July from Max and Slate
Whether you’re having a backyard bash for the holiday or just kicking back with your closest friends in your living room, we know everyone will enjoy these fruity, thirst-quenching blends. We hope these patriotic favorites will help you get in the American spirit! Happy 4th of July from Max and Slate, and don’t forget to always drink responsibly.