Saint Patrick’s Day is almost here, and that means parades, Irish food, and good times for all. But no matter how much we love watching the parade and chowing down on corned beef, at Max and Slate, we know that Saint Patrick’s Day wouldn’t be the same without a couple of tasty Irish drinks. Whether you plan on going to a party with all your friends, or having a quiet night at home with your partner, you won’t be able to resist brewing up one of these tasty, creative drinks for the holiday.
Dive into Spring with a Grasshopper
There’s no better Saint Patrick’s Day drink than a grasshopper. This classic drink is super easy to make—and all the green in your glass will get you in the Saint Patrick’s Day spirit like you wouldn’t believe! The minty, smooth taste makes grasshoppers one of our favorites here at Max and Slate.
1.5 oz crème de cacao
1.5 oz crème de menthe
1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Pour your crème de cacao, crème de menthe, and vanilla ice cream into a blender. Blend gently until all the ingredients are combined into a creamy, smooth mix.
- Serve your grasshopper in a tall, clear glass. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Go Wild with a Nutty Irishman
If you’re looking for deep, rich flavor this Saint Patrick’s Day, then try a Nutty Irishman. There are many different variations of this relatively new drink, but our favorite contains a little something to perk you up this Saint Patrick’s Day: coffee. With this tasty treat, you’ll be the life of the party!
1.5 oz Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur
1.5 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
1 6 oz cup of coffee
- Pour your Frangelico and Bailey’s into a large coffee mug and stir them gently.
- Pour your coffee into the mug and mix everything together.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Pucker Up with a Sour Apple Martini
If you’re in the mood for something tart and fruity, our sour apple martini will keep you smiling this Saint Patrick’s Day. The sweet and sour mix gives it just the right amount of tang, and keeps the melon liqueur from being too overwhelmingly sweet. Fruit fanatics will come back to this recipe time and time again!
1 oz vodka
0.5 oz melon liqueur
0.5 oz sour apple schnapps
0.5 oz sweet and sour mix
Green apple, sliced (optional)
- Pour your vodka, melon liqueur, sour apple schnapps, and sweet and sour mix into a cocktail shaker over ice. Shake vigorously until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Strain and pour into a martini glass. Garnish with a slice of green apple if desired. Pucker up!
Kick Back and Relax this Saint Patrick’s Day
It doesn’t matter if your idea of the perfect drink is a tangy, fruity cocktail or a bold, robust coffee. With these awesome recipes, you’ll be able to kick back and unwind this Saint Patrick’s Day, or anytime you want. Happy Saint Patrick’s Day from all of us here at Max and Slate—and don’t forget to keep checking our site for more seasonal delights!